Friday 14 June 2013

10 days to go!

Hurray! We're getting close now! And to be honest were all wanting the glory and are a little impatient for the end. I've been finding the psychological effort required to keep pushing and walking everyday quite tough really. Normally with sporting events I've done before eg, marathons and coast to coast, the finish line comes into sight and it's possible to wind it up, pick up the pace and charge to the checkered flag but it's not possible with walking. The days are slow, static and finding the motivation to get out the plod like 1st gear is hard. My moods are shooting from one extreme to another. One minute happy, then so bored and annoyed, then cheesed off and whilst I keep trying to gain perspective and remind myself I'm doing this through choice and that it's a holiday I can't shift the feeling of wanting it all to be over. I guess 4 months of mostly arduous walking has started to take its toll. But we have got a celebration arranged for Bluff - in Lake Ohau I got talking to some guy at the campground who had just got back from the Cayman islands and after hearing about our adventure gave me a Cuban cigar for the finish line. Me and Rajiv are planning to go two's up on a bottle of scotch whiskey and Emily is getting a bottle of champagne. Following that it's back to the fine culinary experiences of Invercargill to go and have a curry together! 202kms left! C'Mon!

No comments:

Post a Comment